Educational technology like GeoGebra can only facilitate understanding if the students themselves use it. This page contains a list of my post that describes activities and teaching sequence that I think might help to train students in using GeoGebra as a tool in learning mathematics. I have also included in this list lessons with GeoGebra applets.
- Teaching with technology – why technological pedagogical content knowledge is a necessary condition for teaching mathematics effectively
- GeoGebra and Mathematics – includes introduction to GeoGebra
- GeoGebra, Calculators, and Mathematics – why teach with GeoGebra
- Teaching Mathematics with GeoGebra
Integrating learning of GeoGebra in the learning of mathematics:
- Investigating Coordinates of Points – learning the point tool and coordinates of points
- Squares and Square Roots - polygon tools and surds.
- Adding radicals – regular polygon tool and text tool and geometric representation of sum of two radicals.
- Investigating the graphs of the sum and difference of linear equations – an introductory lesson for solving systems of linear equation by elimination method.
- Locus from two perpendicular lines
- Perpendicular segments
- Problem solving about ratio of areas
- What is a coordinates system?
Other Applets used in teaching and learning
- Quadrilaterals – my post on problems involving quadrilaterals. I created an applet on how to construct a quadrilateral equal in area to a given quadrilateral.
- Making connections through math investigation – includes a GeoGebra applet on preserving area of triangles.
- Introducing the concept of function – includes a GeoGebra applet for identifying changing and unchanging quantities and determining the relationship between two varying quantities.
- Angles made by transversal – contrasts two applets, pros and cons for teaching angles made by transversal.
- Constructing polygons with equal area – a problem solving lesson applying the concept of area and parallel lines
- Square of a sum
- How to scaffold problem solving in Geometry
- Christmas GeoGebra Applet